Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7, 2012

     A very bright and very windy day here for the last day of my workweek.  It is definitely a day I can go outside without the need for even a hoodie. I believe it has a chance to hit 70 degrees today with a low of just under 60!  As far as early March goes in Indiana that's as good as it gets.  Well, again I'm not really sure what to discuss in this entry but I just felt like writing again!
     I feel like I really got into a zone this week at work (so far, I don't want to jynx it or anything).  Getting more comfortable making judgement calls on where to put people throughout the shift.  One or two of the decisions I made this week were by no means popular among everyone but I deemed them to be the right thing to do for what needed to be done.  Are all my calls correct?  Probably not, but I shouldn't be perfect all the time or things won't change, not to mention it wouldn't be human if I was correct 100% of the time.  Basically it was pretty busy yet again the other night, people are calling in sick this week left and right, had to find two people quickly to cover a shift.  Then at night there are quite a few things that need to be taken care of in order for the morning crew and day crew to be set up to run effectively.  This would include running to the back cooler to stock up dozens of gallons of milk, running upstairs to the freezer to grab dozens of boxes of pastries for the case, running down to the basement to stock up all the syrups and cups and whatnot, then basically cleaning everything.  The main goal is still to make drinks and to ensure great customer service but all that stuff I mentioned above is always in the back of my mind to get done.  Usually, when it isn't busy I should say, all that stuff gets done and it's rather boring at night.  When it's busy it gets pretty hectic unless you have a game plan, which I just happened to put together last night.  Yes it asked a lot of the student workers but it also asked a lot of me!  I like nights like that because if I start feeling the pressure I know I am learning and growing, hovering in that area we all like to be just outside our comfort zones.  Anyway, that's my work related story so enough of that haha.
    Other than that I am really enjoying this stretch of good weather we have going here.  I must say the only drawback is how windy it is but I feel when it's this warm it'd be wrong to complain about that.  I'm not absolutely certain what I will do with my weekend this week.  I am a fan of breaking routines to keep things fresh lest what I like to do becomes something I feel obligated to do even on days I don't feel like doing it!  I think I am about due for a day to just flat out lay in bed all day like I said the other day.  Just watching Netflix with books in reach and phone nearby.  Throw on my robe and just lay there drifting in and out of sleep, now that's a day off!  We'll see what happens, like I said I don't like to plan things out too much and when I do they hardly ever actually work out haha.
    I think that may be all I have for you guys and gals today, I better go enjoy the rest of my coffee and listen to a little more music to recharge for my shift tonight!  I hope it's a great day wherever you are ladies and gentlemen and, as always, thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment