Hey everyone! Apologies for the lack of entries recently but I am getting over a recent bout with a pretty bad cold! Coupled with pretty insane shifts at work I did not have anything left in the tank to do much else. That is pretty much all that has been going on to write about as you can imagine, just getting by at work while trying to stay on my feet! Although for all the sicknesses and how busy things were I feel I took a big step forward in my confidence as a supervisor.
People called into work sick this week a LOT without any advanced notice to find a replacement. I took initiative and called people up I thought might come in last minute to help and it paid off. I actually surprised my supervisor by how much I was able to get done this week so that made me feel real good. I am doing everything my job requires but now getting things done above and beyond occasionally! My goal is to eventually be doing above and beyond every single day. I'll get there perhaps but even if I don't I could have a heck of a lot worse of a goal at work than that!
In other news I am just looking forward to my birthday coming up in a few weeks, not to mention the holiday season in general. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving a lot this year and all the food and family. I am starting to get into a holiday mood here with Christmas right around the corner after Thanksgiving so I feel pretty good about now. Other than that I really don't have anything else to report. Hope y'all are doing well in your respective lives and are ready to the next couple months of fun as much as I am! I'll catch ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment