Saturday, July 9, 2011

All Moved In

Yep I am officially all moved into the new apartment! It was a lot of fun getting to see the place for the first time and getting everything set up. It is a very comfortable place, I'll have to post some pictures next time I make an entry. I am just sitting here right now with the place to myself (the roomy is moving in slowly over the next couple weeks) so homesickness is becoming a factor. A wave of it hit as I was pulling out of my driveway and another wave hit when my dad left after helping me get settled in. I am alright currently but I think the smartest thing I did was take the drive to campus (insanely easy trip walking OR driving) and get used to the route. Spending around an hour on campus was nice just to be in public and not feel so alone. I might actually go back one more time to visit with some people tonight. Either that or kind just hang out and watch movies here at the apartment and wait until tomorrow or Monday.
Tomorrow is the day to maybe hang out a bit at the Starbucks I will be working at. Listen to so music, read, have a coffee, and just get used to it. I can also meet a few of the people I will be working with and begin building rapport with them. The feeling of isolation will be lessened as soon as work starts for me, I'll be full time surrounded by people almost every day. Once the orientation week rolls around next month, that's when things really kick off and I'll just feel like I'm a college student again. At that point my instincts will kick in and I'll just feel like I'm here for classes but with more opportunity for fun. Just gotta get past this first few weeks here and I'll be alright.
So look me up on facebook, send a message, give me a call, shoot me a text, come and visit! I need some contact with people I know to ease my transition back to campus life. Something deep down tells me this year is gonna be somethin else, it's going to be a blast. I just need to get past my homesickness first!

No comments:

Post a Comment