Alright y'all back again finally for some more entries. Was quite a break there while things for Mike's wedding starting coming into play! The bachelor party was a lot of fun and the wedding was even better, I will talk on such topics now.
First of all back in early October the bachelor party was scheduled. I was planning on staying the night here at Purdue and then going down to Indy like at 11am on Saturday to get things going but I am a fan of changing plans last minute and doing the unexpected. I ended up getting back from work Friday night at about 7:30 and within a half hour I was actually in my car driving to Indy to start things for the party at 10:30 that same night. While I won't go entirely into detail about the proceedings I will say I had just a few drinks and things went well for the night. The next morning (after 2 hours of sleep) we all got up and went to play nine holes of golf. This was a lot of fun for me because I had been wanting to golf for a long time and I happened to have my clubs in my trunk. We got into groups of four and started in. After a long night this was probably the absolute best way to recover. Right after golf we were all back in the caravan and headed to paintball. This was my first time so I was pretty freakin nervous about it (especially after I saw before we started we had to sign a waiver!) but I manned up and got suited. First of all, that equipment is heavy! I was alright standing but once that game started and I had to run for cover it was rough. After a short all out sprint and throwing myself into the side of a hill for cover I was already out of breath! That helmet was tough to wear too, trying to look around was a lot more difficult. Well, for my part, round one I got shot in the neck (the one place I was not covered haha) and then a couple days later I took one right in the dome. I must say my ears haven't rung like that in a while. That ball hit the top left of my head and that echoes somethin fierce inside the helmet. My night wrapped up after getting to the hotel after paintballing and watching a little football. I got back later that night to West Lafayette and got back to relaxing.
The wedding was up next a couple weeks later. I ended up driving back to Fort Wayne first to visit the parents and waited for my brother who was on his way to pick me up so we could carpool. On Friday we hit up the rehearsal dinner. Nobody was nervous going into this but afterwards, once we got all the instructions and little things we had to make sure of we all got a little iffy haha. We were all good students and practiced a couple times as far as who walks out with who and where to go once we were out of sight. My brother and I hadn't worked out where we were going to stay that night but our uncle had us covered. He and our Aunt picked up an extra room at the hotel and offered it to us as well as our cousin Tim. So we went and chilled at the hotel that night and got up like at 9 the next morning for breakfast (I had something called the tremendous twelve? haha don't knock it til you try it) and went to pick up the tuxes for Ryan and myself. We made it to the church at right around 11 I believe and we got changed into the tuxes and got to hang out with all the groomsmen. We went around getting pictures taken in various spots around the church (making sure to not let the groom see the bride or vice versa). The most intense part I think was waiting with a half hour til game time in the groomsmen staging area with Mike and his best man Jon. We kind of all just talked each other up and got pumped up. Listened to some specific tunes to get ready. Then it was go time. Everything went off without a hitch, it was fantastic. It was tougher than I thought to stand up there for that long in that tux but I took it like a pro.
Right after the ceremony ended everyone kind of stuck around to help clean up and chat a while. Then we piled into our cars and went to the after party. Started things off in a tiny room as all the guests arrived and had a Blue Moon. I got a chance to talk to some old friends before all the guests were ushered to the reception room and the bridal party stayed in that small room before being taken to our staging area to be announced. This was a nervous time for me, not big on being the center of attention but good to get the practice in. I was lucky enough to escort a friend of mine in rather than someone I didn't know at all! The dinner was served which was also delicious, I am very picky about what I eat so that's saying something. Jon's toast was fantastic, the amount of backstory behind everything in the speech was staggering haha. Only the close friends and those who knew Mike in college got the full blast of humor. After dinner the dancing began. Time for me to be nervous again! The traditional dance of just the bride and groom and then the parents is fine. That next song though, it was just the bridal party. I tiptoed onto the dance floor and couldn't find a dance partner haha. A couple of the bridesmaids were MIA at the beginning of the song. Luckily I was saved by a friend of mine yet again until they got back.
That was most of the night right there. Just hitting the open bar and getting back out onto the floor to pretend I was back in college with my friends I haven't gotten to hang out with much since college. I went back just a little while with the bridal party to have a couple more drinks and some pizza which was pretty cool. They opened up the bar for us and we set in. I stayed until about 2am and then headed back to my parents who had a hotel for that night and the rest is history. Here I am now back at Starbucks at Purdue writing this entry getting back into the swing of being on campus again. My entries to this blog will hopefully be back to being once a day if I can stay on top of things. No matter if something really exciting happens or not, I want my life as it is to be publicized every day. Thanks for sticking with it even when I haven't! As always, have a good one ladies and gentlemen.
No comments:
Post a Comment